- Thanjavur Oxford School uphold egalitarian doctrine and respects the democratic rights of its stake holders. There is no discrimination based on nationality, regional-affiliations, skin colour, religion, caste, creed, economic status and the like.
- Every student must bring the school diary to the school everyday.
- It is advised to avoid bringing/wearing valuable articles to the school.
- No student is permitted to bring a mobile phone, walkman, CD’s, pendrive, fireworks, crackers,etc. to school. If these are found with a student, they shall be confisticated.
- The name, class and section should be clearly marked on all belongings.
- Parents are requested not to visit the student in the classrooms without the permission of the principal.
- Junk foods are strictly not allowed.
- Parents are requested to take prior appointment to meet the facilitator and the principal for a meeting.
- Good attendance is vital to the learning process and is an essential component of every course and activity.
- Students are expected to attend all classes regularly and punctually.
- It is the responsibility of the student and his/her family to inform the school about planned absences. The school must also be informed as soon as possible for absences that result for unforeseen circumstances.
- NOTE :- “Absence” means any absence that occurs on a scheduled school day
- Unauthorized leave before school holidays is not permitted. The school has given considerable attention in planning breaks that accommodate the needs of families, even taking into account students who are traveling great distances to be at the school.
Code of Conduct
Students are expected to do following :-
- To arrive at the school five minutes before the bell rings. Parents are not allowed inside campus and must drop the child at the school gate.
- To be in time for the school assembly, being neatly dressed in the appropriate school uniform.
- Not to leave or enter the class room without the permission of the facilitator.
- To obtain permission from the Principal to leave the school premises during school hours. This however may be granted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Principal and on the condition that personal transport will be arranged.
- To submit a leave application before going on leave exceeding 2 days, except when sick. In case of more than 2 days leave, the student should be necessarily accompanied by his or her parents on the day or reporting to meet the Principal.
- To be regular in fulfilling all the assignments and projects given from time to time.
- To be obedient, show respect to elders, and be courteous in speech and conduct.
- To be dressed immaculately in the approved school uniform while attending classes and organized school event unless otherwise instructed.
- To understand that the school id card is an integral part of school uniform.
- Not to apply nail polish , henna or hair color while studying in the school and maintain a high degree of personal hygiene.
- To respect the decorum of the school.
- To always speak in English in the school expect in language class.
- To always walk on the left side while going up or coming down the stair case.
- To be punctual and display utmost preparedness with a positive commitment to learing.
- To report to the transport In-charge if arrives late in the school.
- Not to indulge in creating damage and vandalism and to understand that acts such as abuse or theft of school property or other such acts will result in payment of restitution.
- To ensure that litter is deposited compulsorily only in litter bin and the recyclable material in recycling containers provided at strategic locations in and around to the school.
- To be conscious of the school’s reputation in the community and maintain a neat and tidy campus.
- To walk only on designate walkways or sidewalks and not on the lawn or other landscaped areas and do the same for playing games as well.
- To obey and temporary ban on using specific locations earmarked for preparations for conducting events.